From time to time, I build rods not in my catalog, but prefer to take orders for the tapers I’ve refined and tested — the tapers listed in the rod catalog on my site.
To order one of my rods, please call or e-mail me. If I’m not in or can’t answer the phone, please leave a message and I’ll get back to you. I don’t accept rod orders without first making sure you’re getting the rod you want.
My rod shop — located in Dunsmuir, CA (on the banks of the Upper Sacramento River), is open by appointment. If you can make it up, please contact me in advance.
When I confirm your order, your name goes on my list, and I build rods in the order they’re received.
Preferences & Options
All my rods are built with:
- Triple-tempered, select bamboo
- Blackened guides and ferrules (bright guides & ferrules on request)
- Multiple, hand-rubbed coats of marine spar varnish
- Short, flared full wells grip (rods over 7.5′), or
- Heavily tapered cigar grip (short rods) that nicely fills the hand
You can contact me using the form below (or at hollowbuilt [at] gmail.com). For those without email, I’ve included address and phone information below, and on the sidebar of every page. Thanks for taking the time to contact me!
Dunsmuir Rod Company
5210 Florence Loop
Dunsmuir, CA 96025